The word ‘glow’ has a positive connotation for most of us. It can remind us of being happy, healthy, and content. But sometimes our glow is not quite what we want it to be.
We might feel tired and rundown or pasty-skinned with dark under-eye circles that make us look like we haven’t slept in weeks. In these cases, we need to bring out the big guns and give our glow a boost.
However, at what age do you get your glow up? And is there a secret to glowing up more quickly? Let’s learn more about what it means to glow up, and what you can do throughout the process to get your best possible glow.
What is a glow up?
A glow up, simply put, is when someone experiences a dramatic transformation in their appearance or lifestyle. It’s usually an external change that leads to an internal one – for example, becoming more confident or self-assured after losing weight or getting in shape.
At what age do you finally glow up?
Everyone comes into their own at different ages. Some people are naturally confident, while others learn how to be confident over time. The important thing to know is that a glow up can be experienced by anyone and everyone. For example, while some people experience a glow up after puberty, others might get a new lease of life in their 30s.
Moreover, both teenagers and the elderly can form healthy new habits and glow up. For teenagers, this may mean making good choices when it comes to their education and future careers whereas the elderly can work on staying physically active and mentally stimulated, which can help ward off health problems. And, of course, there are things that everyone can do, such as make use of their xfinity internet, or internet from another provider, to stream their favorite TV shows and movies to help them relax and escape for a couple of hours when they are feeling a little overwhelmed with things. By forming healthy new habits, both groups can enjoy a brighter future.
Accordingly, while the term is often used colloquially, there’s no specific age that someone is guaranteed to experience a glow up. It can happen at any time in life and is often determined by external factors such as what’s happening in your personal life or what you’re putting into your body.
What are the signs that you’re going through a glow up?
A glow up can be a very exciting time in someone’s life, but how can you know if you’re experiencing one? Here are some signs that you might be going through a glow up:
- You feel more confident and comfortable in your skin.
- You’re doing things you never thought possible, or that you once thought were out of reach.
- You’re attracting more positive attention and people into your life.
- Things just seem to be falling into place, and you’re generally feeling good about yourself and your life in general.
How to glow up
No matter what your age, there are a few things you can do to help facilitate a glow up. Just remember, it’s important to be patient and take things one step at a time. With time and dedication, you will see results. Here are a few tips:
- Focus on self-care activities. Make time for yourself every day, whether that means taking a relaxing bath, reading a book, or going for a walk in nature. Taking care of yourself will help you feel good on the inside, which will show on the outside.
- Develop a strong skincare routine. Cleansing, exfoliating and moisturizing your skin every day will help improve your complexion and give you a healthy glow. If you have acne-prone skin, invest in some gentle exfoliators that contain natural ingredients like coconut oil and a good face mask to get an instant glow.
- Eat healthy foods. Nourishing your body with healthy foods will improve your energy levels, mood, and overall health–all of which will show in your appearance.
- Drink more water. It is important to stay hydrated because water helps the body function properly. Water can flush out toxins, regulate body temperature, and lubricate joints. Drinking enough water also plays a vital role in brain function and digestion.
- Get plenty of sleep. Sleeping for at least eight hours each night will help your body and mind rejuvenate, giving you a refreshed look and glowing skin.
- Surround yourself with positive people. Being around positive people will help you feel good about yourself and raise your self-confidence.
The importance of self-love during a glow up
Self-love is a crucial part of the glow up process. It’s important to be gentle with yourself and to love yourself through your journey. When you’re kind to yourself, you’re more likely to stay motivated and positive.
Make sure to celebrate your accomplishments, big and small, and don’t be afraid to forgive yourself when you make mistakes. Remember, you’re on a unique path and there’s no one else like you. So be proud of who you are and love yourself along the way.
Similarly, positive affirmations are a great way to start your day and can help you to stay upbeat throughout the day. Repeating positive affirmations can help to change your thinking and encourage you to achieve your goals.
Some examples of positive affirmations are “I am strong and capable,” “I am worthy of love and respect,” and “I can do anything I put my mind to.” When you repeat these affirmations, try to believe them, and focus on the positive aspects of yourself and your life.
Forming good habits is the key to a natural glow
To have a glow up, you’ll need to take care of your body and mind. It may seem like it’s too late for many people but that simply isn’t true.
If you are in the process of aging or are already past middle-age, these tips can help give you some inspiration on how to start taking care of yourself and improve your lifestyle.
From upping your water intake to practicing self-care, glowing up is a gradual and permanent process so be patient and good things will come.